How to pack a bedroom for a move from Erlanger KY
"*" indicates required fields
Are you moving out from your Erlanger home and feeling stressed out because you need to pack a bedroom for a move? Of course, bedrooms are often the most personal and, therefore, the most crowded rooms in one’s home. They have the greatest number of treasured personal items which can sometimes make it the toughest part about a move. To avoid all the chaos, it helps to be focused and organized when you pack.
You need to think about several things. For example, what will you start packing first? What kind of packing supplies will you need? Do you want to do it all by yourself, or is it better to rely on the professional help of Strong-Ass Movers? There are many more things to consider which is why packing up these spaces can feel daunting, and it’s easy to put them off till the end of your packing process. We are here to help you avoid that. In this article, we’ve gathered some important guidelines on how to pack a bedroom for a move and go through this process stress-free.
Things you should consider before you start packing your bedroom for a move
Before you jump right in, there are certain things you should consider to be well-prepared. You don’t want to find yourself covered with a pile of stuff, completely disorganized, with no idea how to get out of it. Or to realize the moving truck of your local movers Kentucky is in front of your home, and your belongings are not packed and prepared for loading. So, what are the first things you should consider?
Can you do it all alone, or should you call a moving company?
There’s a very special satisfaction in doing things on your own, we know it. Not only it can save you money if done properly, the mere pride of being able to say you did something on your own can make people put in the extra effort. And we fully support that! But be prepared to invest a lot more time and effort than you would if you hired professional help.
Think about how much time you have and if can you rely on your friends to help you with disassembling, packing, and moving bulky furniture. Do you have a friend whose pickup truck you can borrow? Or do you have to rent a moving truck? There’s much more to think about and do if you decide to do this on your own. If not, and you’re not sure how to do it and feel it would be better to rely on professional help, don’t hesitate. Contact movers in Northern Kentucky and save your time and energy for other things that need to be done while your movers do what they do best.
What kind of moving supplies will you need?
Whether you’re moving out of a large house, a studio apartment, or even a dorm room, packing up your bedroom can often be the most stressful part of a move. They are packed with our most cherished belongings, some of which can be fragile and quite expensive. Therefore, to safely pack your belongings you should make sure you have the following:
- Moving boxes in a variety of sizes, including wardrobe boxes
- Bubblewrap and shrink-wrap
- Packing tape
- Corrugated cardboard, paper for wrapping, or old crumpled up newspaper
- Packing labels and markers
- Lots of garbage bags
- Covers for mattress and furniture
- Enough cleaning supplies
- Tools for disassembling furniture, such as screwdrivers and Allen wrenches
- Clipboard or a folder for important documents
Keep in mind that you don’t have to do all the packing on your own. Many of the moving companies Erlanger KY also offer packing services. They can bring all of the necessary supplies and you can opt for full or partial packing service.
Do some serious decluttering before you pack a bedroom for a move
You don’t want to pack things you don’t need and that you’ll eventually just throw out when unpacking. Moving a closet or a drawer overstuffed with things you didn’t even know you had doesn’t make sense. Therefore, to keep your moving day as inexpensive and stress-free as possible, de-clutter your bedroom before you start packing.
Deciding on what to leave behind can be difficult since you might feel emotionally attached to some of your belongings. Or you just might not be sure whether you’ll need them in the future. To make this easier, be practical and ask yourself: Do I need this item? Does this item bring me joy? Have I used this item often in the last couple of years? Would I buy this again? If the answer to these questions is ”no”, it’s time to say goodbye to that item. You can throw it out or donate it if it’s in a good condition.
Finally, how to pack the items in your bedroom?
Like most bedrooms, yours probably has a combination of both heavy, large furniture as well as soft items like clothes and linens. To make the process of packing, and unpacking easier, you should pack categorically. We’re here to show you how:
- First, pack a suitcase of essentials. Everything you might need during the move and before you unpack should be in your essentials suitcase and easy to carry around.
- Pack fragile items first. Get your fragile items wrapped up and packed away before you tackle the rest. Make sure you secure them well, don’t leave any free space in the box, and label them ”Fragile”.
- Move on to small items. Fill smaller boxes with small, non-fragile items you have laying around your bedroom. To ensure they don’t rattle around during the move, wrap them in clothes or bubble wrap.
- Organize your clothes when you pack them. Wash your clothes before packing. Separate them into categories and different boxes so it’s easy to unpack them and put them back in a closet. Fold them properly so they don’t wrinkle and use wardrobe boxes for high-quality clothing.
- Fold sheets and blankets and pack them together.
- Disassemble furniture. If you’re not sure how to disassemble a piece of furniture, find the manual it came with or try finding instructions online. The best option is to leave it to furniture movers Kentucky since they have lots of experience and will do it properly.
- Clean your room. Now that you’ve packed everything, you can easily clean your walls, windows, and vacuum your floor.
Use these tips for how to pack a bedroom for a move when you pack other rooms in your home
Now that you’ve learned how to pack a bedroom for a move like a pro, it will also make you more prepared and efficient with packing the rest of your home. In the end, everything falls to thinking ahead – good preparation, and meticulous organization. And if you want to make this process as smooth as possible, hire a moving company. By relying on professional help you’ll be able to refocus your energy on other important matters.
how it works
Get in touch with Strong-Ass Movers via phone or fill out the quote form on our website to get a free moving estimate.
Plan Your Move
Leave it to our team to organize every step of your relocation with the help of our professional moving coordinators.
Enjoy a Safe Move
Refocus your energy on more important tasks while our skilled movers and packers Kentucky take care of your moving needs.